Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mumbai Attacks: Terrorists Monitored British Websites Using BlackBerry Phones


From The Daily Telegraph:

Indian officials suspect the Islamic terrorists in Mumbai may have British links after examining BlackBerry phones they used to monitor news reports.

Key figures in the terrorist gang were equipped with the devices that meant they were able to monitor British news, even when the authorities turned off power.

A senior officer in the country's elite Black Cat commando unit told the Telegraph, the gunmen were able to trawl the internet for information once they lost cable television feeds to the two luxury hotels and office block.

The men looked beyond the instant updates of the Indian media to find worldwide reaction to the events in Mumbai.

Their analysis of at least five BlackBerry mobile phones recovered suggested the terrorists had links to England.

Read more ....

My Comment: I would not use this information in drawing conclusions that there is a link to Britain. The British news websites gave the best coverage. They always were having info a few hours ahead of the Indian and world news media. I should know, because I was using those resources most extensively for myself .... and I have absolutely NO link to those murderers in Mumbai.

1 comment:

Ed Kohler said...

I think you're right about the cause & effect relationship here.