Sunday, April 26, 2009

Was Israel Planning To Destroy Iran's Airforce?

Three Iranian MiG-29s

Iran Canceled Air Show When Russia Warned Israel Planned To Destroy All 140 Warplanes -- Debka File

DEBKAfile's Iranian and intelligence sources disclose that Moscow warned Tehran Friday April 17 that Israel was planning to destroy all 140 fighter-bombers concentrated at the Mehr-Abad Air Force base for an air show over Tehran on Iran's Army Day the following day. The entire fleet was accordingly removed to remote bases and the display cancelled.

In the first week of April, Tehran announced it would stage its biggest air show ever to dramatize a ceremonial military parade in the capital on April 18. Iran would show the world that it is capable of fighting off an Israeli attack on its nuclear facilities. Instead only four aircraft flew over the saluting stand. Iranian media explained that the big show was cancelled due to "bad weather and poor visibility," when in fact Tehran basked in warm and sunny weather.

Read more ....

My Comment: With the exception of the Debka Files, I have neither heard nor read that this had happened from any other news source ... so I am a bit skeptical of this news report. But if it did happen .... I must confess that I am chuckling right now.

2 comments:

CroakingMartian said...

I doubt Israel would do this. Although it would have been a high impact event, it would have brought the wrath of the entire Muslim world alongwith it. Israel would also have had to face an intense international reaction, especially since an airshow wouldnt have been an act directly threatening Israel.

I agree with you, I find the story a little doubtful and also too scary to be true.

Catherine said...

I just couldn't leave your website before saying that I really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors... Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post!


Navy News Zone