Sunday, February 12, 2012

How The First Shots Of The Falklands War Crippled An Argentine Submarine

The Argentine submarine Santa Fe which Parry disabled

'How I Fired The First Shots Of The Falklands War And Crippled An Argentine Submarine': A Gripping Tale Of Heroism By Navy Leutenant Chris Parry -- Daily mail

This diary was written during the Falklands Crisis on assorted scraps of paper and in an old Government-issue exercise book. I remember I wanted to leave an account of my unvarnished thoughts as they occurred, before the mice of hindsight and discretion got to work.

Stored away carelessly almost as soon as the conflict ended, the diary was thought to have been lost in the wake of the break-up of my first marriage. But when I retired in 2008, I opened my old naval steel trunk – and the individual pages tumbled out.

Read more ....

My Comment: A truly gripping tale. Let's hope it does not happen again.

No comments: