Friday, November 30, 2012

David Petraeus: 'I Screwed Up Royally'



David Petraeus Says He 'Screwed Up Royally' In Letter To Old Army Buddy -- New York Post

Ex-CIA chief David Petraeus took the blame for the extramarital affair that torpedoed his career, but his forgiving wife, Holly, is sticking by him, according to a newly revealed private letter.

“I screwed up royally,” Petraeus told his longtime Army pal, retired Brig. Gen. James Shelton in the hand-written missive.

“I paid the price (appropriately) and I sought to do the right thing at the end of the day,” he wrote in the Nov. 20 message.

Petraeus stepped down on Nov. 9 as news of his affair with biographer Paula Broadwell went public.

Read more ....

My Comment: Ignoring the fact that his "Army buddy" should not have publicized this personal letter .... but yeah .... the former General and CIA Director screwed up royally.

No comments: