Sunday, December 23, 2012

Another Christmas In Afghanistan



In Afghanistan, A Hard Holiday For Troops -- Navy Times/USA Today

FORWARD OPERATING BASE ARIAN, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan — First Sgt. Alan Robison is missing Christmas with his wife and children for the fourth time due to deployments.

"I'm really big on Christmas so when I'm home my family really goes all out with the tree and lights on the house," he says. "When I'm not there they don't do as much decorating."

He and his men manage to muster some holiday cheer despite the distance from home. In between patrols in this hotbed of Taliban activity he and his fellow troops decorated a tree.

This year is the 12th holiday season that U.S. servicemembers are in Afghanistan, and it is the time of year that troops can miss their families the most. But Christmas in Afghanistan is in some ways better for troops than it was in previous wars.

The big difference is contact with loved ones.

Read more ....

My Comment: Spending Christmas in Afghanistan sucks .... and that's all that I can say.

No comments: