Army To Fire Another 5,300 Soldiers Amid Warnings About The Impact Of Cuts On Britain's Military Might -- Daily Mail
* Defence Secretary Philip Hammond reveals third round of redundancies
* More compulsory job losses planned than in previous rounds
* Announcement comes hours after Prince Harry returned from Afghanistan
* David Cameron quizzed about Britain's ability to mount major operations
* Tory MP Patrick Mercer says cutting manpower is a 'very strange decision'
Up to 5,300 soldiers are to be axed in the latest round of Army job cuts ordered by the government.
Defence Secretary Philip Hammond revealed details of the losses with a warning that medics from the Navy and Air Force will be axed later rounds of redundancies.
The announcement comes hours after Prince Harry returned from serving on the frontline in Afghanistan, with his own 3 Regiment Army Air Corps unlikely to escape the cuts.
Read more ....
More News On Additional Cuts And Firings In The British Army
MoD unveils third round of Army job cuts -- BBC
Defence Cuts: 5,300 Soldiers To Lose Jobs -- SKY News
Thousands of soldiers face the sack when they return from Afghanistan -- London Evening Standard
Soldiers now serving in Afghanistan are “likely” to be sacked within a year -- The Telegraph
Confirmed: 5,300 soldiers to go in latest army cuts -- Defence Management
Army redundancies cause fears over 'loss of skills and capability' -- Defence Management
Britain To Cut Up to 5,300 Army Jobs -- Defense News/AFP
U.K. May Fire 5,300 More Soldiers as Defense Spending Is Reduced -- Bloomberg Businessweek
Troop withdrawal: 5,000 to be sacked in British Army austerity -- RT
Beyond the armed forces: meet the soldiers looking for new jobs - and homes -- The Telegraph