At Least Ten People Crushed To Death After Stampede At Railway Station In City Where 30MILLION Pilgrims Had Gathered to Celebrate Hindu Festival Of Kumbh Mela -- Daily Mail
* Pilgrims were caught in the stampede at Allahabad, northern India, on Sunday evening
* Indian television is reporting that as many as 20 are feared dead
* The incident happened as thousands of pilgrims were making their way from the River Ganges festival
* A walkway at the station is said to have given way sparking the stampede
* Festival held every 12 years with visitors from all over the world
* 'One dip in the river has the power to change life forever'
At least ten people have been killed and a dozen more injured after a stampede at a train station in an Indian town where millions of Hindus had gathered for a religious festival.
Pawan Bansal, India's Railway Minister, told reporters that the stampede took place as massive crowds flooded the station in the northern town of Allahabad on Sunday evening.
More people may have died in the incident with Indian television stations reporting that as many as 20 people are feared dead and 30 others injured.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: Also .... Year of the Snake: Celebrations around the world ring in the Chinese New Year.