Monday, November 18, 2013

The Pentagon's Payroll Bureaucracy Is Inflicting Pain On America's Soldiers

(Click on Image to Enlarge)

How The Pentagon’s Payroll Quagmire Traps America’s Soldiers -- Reuters

Part 1: Hobbled by old, incompatible computer systems, the Defense Department’s payroll bureaucracy inflicts punishing errors on America’s warriors

EL PASO, Texas - As Christmas 2011 approached, U.S. Army medic Shawn Aiken was once again locked in desperate battle with a formidable foe. Not insurgents in Iraq, or Taliban fighters in Afghanistan - enemies he had already encountered with distinguished bravery.

This time, he was up against the U.S. Defense Department.

Aiken, then 30 years old, was in his second month of physical and psychological reconstruction at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas, after two tours of combat duty had left him shattered. His war-related afflictions included traumatic brain injury, severe post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), abnormal eye movements due to nerve damage, chronic pain, and a hip injury.

Read more ....

My Comment: My blood pressure boils when I read stories like this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what an excellent services yourofficespace.in is providing, outstanding. Hi I am Gopi, from Delhi for my business I need space in Noida business centre, and that time yourofficespace gave me a perfect suggestion and way to shift my office into my budget. I am really satisfied with the services of yourofficespace.