Fighting Fit! Brave Woman, 24, Who Beat Cancer As A Child And Fought The Taliban As A Teenager Signs Up For The Army AGAIN -- Daily Mail
* Alex Darwin was diagnosed with leukaemia when she was four years old
* She had 30 months of intensive treatment at Alder Hey Children's Hospital
* When she was 17 she joined the British Army and served in Afghanistan
* Left after that but is now rejoining after realising she should never have left
* Is speaking out to give other sufferers of childhood cancer hope - and that they should not give up on their dreams and ambitions
A woman who defeated cancer as a child and then fought the Taliban as a teenager is planning to re-enlist as a soldier in the British Army.
Alex Darwin, 24, says her experiences prove that survivors of childhood illnesses should not give up on their dreams and ambitions.
Miss Darwin, who served with the Royal Logistics Corps, was finally accepted into the army after her first application was rejected on health grounds.
Read more ....
My Comment: She enlisted at 17 .... where she then fought against the Taliban in Afghanistan!?!?!?! I guess she had something to prove.