The U.S. Consulate in Benghazi in flames September 11, 2012. (Reuters)
Former Guantanamo Detainee Implicated In Benghazi Attack -- Washington Post
U.S. officials suspect that a former Guantanamo Bay detainee played a role in the attack on the American compound in Benghazi, Libya, and are planning to designate the group he leads as a foreign terrorist organization, according to officials familiar with the plans.
Militiamen under the command of Abu Sufian bin Qumu, the leader of Ansar al-Sharia in the Libyan city of Darnah, participated in the attack that killed U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, U.S. officials said.
Witnesses have told American officials that Qumu’s men were in Benghazi before the attack on Sept. 11, 2012, according to the officials. It’s unclear if they were there as part of a planned attack or out of happenstance. The drive from Darnah to Benghazi takes several hours.
Read more ....
More News On A Former Guantanamo Detainee Being Implicated In The Benghazi Attack
Ex-Guantanamo detainee had role in Benghazi attack -- Global Post/AFP
Obama Administration's Benghazi Bombshell -- Weekly Standard
Former Guantanamo Detainee May Have Participated In Benghazi Attack -- Business Insider
U.S. Officials Reportedly Say Former Guantanamo Bay Detainee Suspected of Being Involved in Benghazi Attack -- The Blaze
My Comment: If this report is true .... so much for the New York Times report from last week that stated bluntly that Al Qaeda was not involved in the Bengahzi attack.