Friday, January 3, 2014

Nobel Prize Winner And Former Polish President Lech Wałęsa Expresses His Disappointment On President Obama



Nobel Peace Prize Winner: Obama Failed To Reclaim America's Role As World Leader -- CNN

(CNN) - The 1990s was an era of big dramatic moments, movements, and amazing victories led by underdogs - Nelson Mandela was one; Lech Wałęsa another.

Wałęsa was the ship yard electrician turned union organizer who helped overthrow the repressive Communist government in Poland. Imprisoned in the early 1980s, the leader of the Solidarity movement went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 1983, and became the first democratically elected president of Poland in 1990.

At 70, he remains irrepressible, stubborn, even bullheaded, having made clear his U.S. presidential preference for Mitt Romney during the 2012 election.

The old cold warrior is a strong critic of President Barack Obama.

Read more ....

More News On Nobel Peace Prize Winner Lech Walesa

Anti-communist icon decries Obama: U.S. ‘no longer leads the world’ -- Washington Times
Anti-Communist leader Lech Walesa: Obama has failed, U.S. no longer leads world -- Examiner
Lech Walesa: Obama Has Failed, 'America no Longer Leads the World' -- Newsmax
Anti-Communist Icon Blasts Obama on ‘Failed’ Moral Leadership: ‘It’s a Dangerous Situation’ -- The Blaze
'America does not lead the world in the area of morality': Lech Walesa -- Rick Moran, American Thinker

My Comment: I have followed Lech Walesa since the mid-1980s .... and while I have been in disagreement with him on many issues .... on this issue he is sadly right .... in the eyes of those who live outside the U.S. they see little if any moral leadership coming from the U.S..

I know that in my case .... in all of my recent travels (Eastern Europe, China, South Korea, etc.) .... I have found myself to be in the minority when discussing this topic .... a position that I never found myself to be in during the 1980s and 1990s. I guess the times have changed .... and the role that the U.S. once played is changing to.

This is very unfortunate .... I do know that the U.S. has made many mistakes on the international stage .... but it always had the morality and conviction to acknowledge these mistakes, to correct them, and to move forward .... especially on critical international issues. But today .... I see isolationism and a refocus on "transforming America" .... a direction that is completely contrary to what made America great in the first place. But .... I do understand that this is what many Americans now want .... and we who live outside the U.S. must respect this decision, and to now look for someone else on the international stage (if that is possible .... which I doubt) who will step up and carry this torch.

No comments: