US Military Say They Believe Missing Malaysian Jet Has Crashed In The Indian Ocean And Send Navy Vessel To The Area -- Daily Mail
* U.S. official quoted as saying there was 'indication' plane came down in Indian Ocean
* Malaysian authorities have also expanded search westward towards India
* Hishammuddin Hussein said reports claiming data sent from engines suggested the plane had kept flying for four hours were 'inaccurate'
* But he said the possibility of the plane continuing to fly for several more hours 'could not be ruled out'
* He said China released images showing suspected debris 'by mistake'
* Also insisted all maintenance checks on the plane 'were in order'
* He said the search had been placed above Malaysia's national security
U.S. officials believe the missing Malaysia Airlines plane may have crashed into the Indian Ocean, it has been claimed.
As Malaysian authorities expanded their search westward towards India today, a senior Pentagon official has been quoted as saying there was 'an indication' the plane came down in the ocean.
U.S destoyer USS Kidd is now reportedly being moved in to search the area, while Malaysia was due to ask for radar data from India and other neighbouring countries to see if they can trace the plane flying north west.
India plans to imminently deploy airplanes and ships in the southern section of the sea, a senior Indian official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
Read more ....
More News On Malaysian Airlines Flight 370
MH370 search: Pentagon sends destroyer through Malacca Strait – live -- The Guardian
Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: live -- The Telegraph
‘There Is Nothing’: Malaysian Authorities Do Not Find Missing Plane Where Chinese Satellite Images Showed Possible Debris -- CBS/AP
Malaysia: Report MH370 flew on for hours 'inaccurate' -- USA Today
Malaysia Denies Missing Plane May Have Flown for Hours -- Voice of America
Officials deny report that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 kept flying for hours -- CNN
Search Widens for Missing Malaysia Jet -- Voice of America
US believes Malaysia Airlines plane may have crashed into Indian Ocean -- The Telegraph
US Officials Have 'Indication' Malaysia Airline Crashed into Indian Ocean -- ABC News
Radar Tracks Compound Mystery of Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 -- Wall Street Journal
A nervous region eyes robust Chinese response to missing Malaysian plane -- Reuters
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Why the confusion over how long the plane flew? -- Peter Ford, Christian Science Monitor
Missing Malaysia airliner: Questions and answers -- Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN