Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The U.S. Military Celebrates National Dog Day


National Dog Day Turns Into Military Canine Lovefest On Twitter -- Washington Post

Perhaps you’ve heard that today is National Dog Day. According to the website devoted to the occasion, it was founded in 2004 to honor dogs for “their endearing patience, unquestioning loyalty, for their work protecting our streets, homes and families.”

The holiday sparked the hash tag #NationalDogDay, in which Twitter users posted photographs of their favorite dogs. And that quickly turned to veterans and U.S. service members sharing pictures of military working dogs and other canines they encountered while deployed.

Read more ....

My Comment: My father loved German Shepherds .... correction .... BIG German Shepherds. In my case .... I had a Border Collie for 14 years .... damn .... those dogs are smart and loyal. As for the GF .... she lives in the country so instead of a gun she keeps a well trained Rottweiler for protection. That's me with him in the picture below (it was taken last month). I have only one thing to say about Rottweillers .... if they are trained properly and treated with love and respect, they are not only loyal but they are the best guard dogs in the world.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Been a fan of your work for years! The insight you give is prophetic - I can't tell you how many times I've repeated your stories to friends only to have them doubt and come back days/weeks later to admit that I was correct.

Cheers to my friend to the North - Steve

War News Updates Editor said...

Thank you Steve for your complement. My "insights" come from all of the mistakes that I have made in my life .... but that is how we learn.