Wednesday, September 17, 2014

President Obama's Strategy To Defeat ISIS In Iraq (As Outlined By General Dempsey)



Mapping Obama's Strategy To Defeat ISIS In Iraq -- ABC News

The Obama administration's strategy for defeating ISIS in Iraq envisions the Islamic terror group squeezed on three sides and from the air, making their grip on northern Iraq "untenable."

The strategy was laid out Tuesday by Gen. Martin Dempsey and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel in a Senate hearing.

The plan includes:

Read more ....

Update: Dempsey Discusses Anti-ISIL Strategy at Senate Hearing -- US Department of Defense

My Comment: It "sounds good" .... but I doubt that it will be that easy. To begin .... our allies who must work together in coordination do not have a good history of actually working together .... and I doubt that they do so in this case.

4 comments:

James said...

This is the strategy in simple terms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA

War News Updates Editor said...

Tiny Tim .... now that is a blast from the past. You are dating yourself James .... and sadly so am I. I will never forget the first time I heard that song (shortwave) .... and I said to myself that it is going to be Rock and Roll for me .... with a sprinkling of classical and Jazz.

But as to describing U.S. war strategy .... yup .... spot on.

War News Updates Editor said...

Tiny Tim .... now that is a blast from the past. You are dating yourself James .... and sadly so am I. I will never forget the first time I heard that song (shortwave) .... and I said to myself that it is going to be Rock and Roll for me .... with a sprinkling of classical and Jazz.

But as to describing U.S. war strategy .... yup .... spot on.

James said...

Dating myself? If I can remember Nikita banging his shoe on his desk, you better believe I can date myself. Tiptoe through the tuli....