Britain's Queen Elizabeth welcomes Theresa May at the start of an audience in Buckingham Palace, where she invited her to become Prime Minister, in London July 13, 2016. © Dominic Lipinski / Reuters
* Theresa May has been officially sworn in as Britain's new Prime Minister this evening
* She is our second female premier, following in the footsteps of fellow Tory Margaret Thatcher
* Mrs May is expected to announce the most senior appointments to her Cabinet tonight and other jobs later in the week
* Making his final speech in Downing Street earlier David Cameron said he left the country 'stronger'
* Cameron praised Mrs May as the right person to give 'strong leadership' to take us out of the EU
* Jeremy Hunt compares her to German Chancellor Angela Merkel as Tory MPs jostle for position
Theresa May has pledged to battle 'social injustice' and create a 'country that works for everyone' after being officially been installed as the new Prime Minister.
Mrs May was invited to form a government by the monarch at Buckingham Palace after David Cameron officially tendered his resignation.
She becomes Britain's second female premier, following in the footsteps of fellow Tory Margaret Thatcher.
Addressing the nation from Downing Street, the new PM praised David Cameron as a 'great modern Prime Minister'. She said his 'real legacy' was improving equality rather than fixing the economy.
In an appeal to those families struggling, Mrs May said: 'We will listen not to the mighty, but you.'
Read more ....
More News On Theresa May Now Officially The New UK Prime Minister
Theresa May becomes prime minister: Live -- BBC
'We will build a better Britain not just for the privileged few': Prime Minister Theresa May issues statement of intent: Live -- The Telegraph
Theresa May promises 'union of all citizens' in first speech as prime minister -- The Guardian
Theresa May vows to be 'one nation' prime minister -- BBC
Theresa May makes pitch for centre ground in first speech as Prime Minister -- The Independent
Theresa May vows ‘bold, new’ future for Britain as E.U. exit awaits -- Washington Post
Theresa May becomes new British Prime Minister -- CNN
Theresa May becomes new UK prime minister -- RT
Theresa May set to appoint female allies to key cabinet positions -- The Guardian
David Cameron says being PM 'the greatest honour' in final Downing Street speech -- BBC
David Cameron and his family leave Downing Street for the last time: PM said serving Britain was 'the greatest honour of my life' before visiting Buckingham Palace to resign -- Daily Mail
Who is Theresa May: A profile of UK's next prime minister -- BBC