Daily Mail: Andrea Leadsom WITHDRAWS from the Tory leadership race in the wake of motherhood row - handing the keys to Downing Street to her rival Theresa May
* Theresa May is set to be made PM within days after Leadsom quit the race
* Leadsom revealed she felt she did not have enough support to continue
* Called for a rapid conclusion to the contest to end business uncertainty
* Tory Party board will meet today to formally confirm May as party leader
* Leadsom had been under fire for appearing to suggest being a mum gave her an advantage as PM. She apologised to May today
* Labour and the Liberal Democrats both call for a snap General Election
Andrea Leadsom today sensationally quit the race to be Tory leader and handed Downing Street to Theresa May.
The Home Secretary could be summoned to Buckingham Palace within hours to be appointed as Prime Minister. Mrs May is expected to enter No 10 within days even if she does not see the Queen today.
Mrs Leadsom's withdrawal from the race comes days after she triggered a massive row over whether being a mother gave her an advantage as a possible PM.
Read more ....
More News On Theresa May To Become The Prime Minister Of Britain
Leadsom quits race for British PM, leaving May unopposed -- Reuters
UK candidate Leadsom drops out of PM race, leaving only May -- AP
Theresa May set to be UK PM after Andrea Leadsom quits -- BBC
Andrea Leadsom pulls out of Conservative leadership race -- The Guardian
Theresa May on brink of becoming next UK prime minister -- Financial Times
Theresa May is poised to become British prime minister after Andrea Leadsom drops out of race -- Washington Post
Theresa May on course to be next U.K. prime minister after rival quits -- USA Today
Andrea Leadsom Pulls Out Of UK PM Race, Theresa May Only Contender Left -- IBTimes