Target: They fired bullets all over the Grand Yazici hotel thinking that Erdogan was staying there, but 62-year-old President had been holidaying next door.
Daily Mail: Revealed: How Blackhawk choppers landed at the WRONG address when they stormed a luxury hotel to assassinate Turkey tyrant Erdogan
* Dictator Recep Erdogan lounged on holiday in Marmaris as coup erupted
* Escaped with his life, fleeing just minutes before rebels arrived at the villa
* The luxury home was loaned to him by former racing driver Yazici Serkan
* Playboy covers his Instagram with selfies, snapshots of guns and fast cars
* As troops raided hotel next door, terrified tourists cowered in bedrooms
Relaxing on a terrace of a private villa overlooking the sparkling waters of the Marmaris Sea, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had little idea he would be facing the most momentous 12 hours of his life.
But as darkness fell over the luxury home in the popular tourist resort of Marmaris he received a telephone call telling him he his life was in peril as well as the future of Turkey.
On the other end of the line was a military commander warning him three Blackhawk helicopters carrying rebel soldiers were on their way to kill or capture him.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: President Erdogan was next door .... but someone called him to tell him that a coup was underway, and he escaped 15 minutes before the raid started. To say that he was lucky is an understatement.