(Click on Image to Enlarge)
Hopeful: Fighters of Libyan forces allied with the U.N.-backed government fire a rocket at Islamic State fighters in Sirte, Libya, on August 4
Daily Mail: Laughing Libyan fighters launch rockets at ISIS while standing on the back of pick-up trucks in battle to take back the coastal city of Sirte
* The Libyan fighters fired rockets at Islamic State targets in the Libyan city of Sirte on Thursday
* Many of the men are volunteers and former rebels who fought in the uprising that toppled Gaddafi
* ISIS has controlled the coastal city since February 2015 but Libyan's have been fighting to reclaim it
* On Thursday President Barack Obama touted progress against ISIS in Syria and Iraq
* U.S. air strikes are easing the passage of Libyan forces as they seek to clear Islamic State
Libyan fighters have been pictured standing atop of their pick-up trucks as they fire large rockets at Islamic State militants in the city of Sirte.
The sight of a deadly explosive firing past them appears to have become so normal that these men laugh and joke while the rockets light up the sky. Many of the men are volunteers and former rebels who fought in the uprising
that toppled Muammar Gaddafi five years ago.
The government-backed forces began their offensive to take back Sirte in May this year. The city is the so-called Islamic State's biggest stronghold in Libya and has been under the terror group's control since February 2015.
U.S. air strikes are easing the passage of Libyan forces, a senior field commander said on Wednesday.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: There are some great photos in the above link.