Daily Mail: Alive! 300 passengers - including 24 Brits - escape when their Emirates jet crash-lands at Dubai airport after catching fire in the air and EXPLODING on landing
* The Boeing 777 jet crash landed at Dubai International Airport following a flight from Trivandrum Airport in India
* Dramatic footage shows Emirates passenger jet exploding into a fireball on the runway after emergency landing
* Airline says there were no fatalities in the crash and that all 282 passengers and 18 crew were evacuated safely
* Terrified passengers 'told by pilot moments before landing that there was a problem with the landing gear'
* There were 24 Britons, six Americans, two Australians and four Irish among those on board flight EK521
* All flights to the Dubai terminal have since been diverted while all take-offs and landings have been suspended
Three hundred passengers and crew miraculously escaped with their lives this morning when their Emirates jet crash-landed at Dubai airport and exploded.
All of those on board, including 24 Britons and six Americans, were led to safety at Dubai International Airport, minutes before the Boeing 777 was completely destroyed in a massive fireball.
Terrified passengers were told moments before landing that there was a problem with landing gear on the plane, which was flying from Trivandrum International Airport in India. Other reports claimed the engine on the right side caught fire and fell off while coming in to land.
Read more ....
Update #1: Relief for passengers after horrifying Emirates landing (CNN)
Update #2: Dubai airport suspends flights after Emirates jet crash-lands (The Guardian)
Update #3: Emirates plane catches fire after emergency landing in Dubai, all safe (Reuters)
WNU Editor: These passengers were super lucky.