Daily Mail: The FBI wanted the Justice Department to investigate the Clinton Foundation - but the DOJ declined
* A report that came out today acknowledged that the Federal Bureau of Investigations had wanted Justice to take up a Clinton Foundation probe
* The Department of Justice declined to do so - noting that DOJ had looked into Hillary Clinton's family foundation the year before
* At that time there wasn't enough evidence to open an investigation
* The news that as investigation had been sought comes on the heels of the latest Clinton emails release from her time at the State Department
* The new emails show a cozy relationship between the head of the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton's top aides
The FBI approached the Department of Justice earlier this year and asked the public integrity unit to open an investigation of the Clinton Foundation.
But the DOJ declined, according to CNN.
The reasoning, the report said, was that the Justice Department had looked into Hillary Clinton's family foundation a year before and didn't find enough evidence to do so.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: If this New York Post report is even half accurate, one cannot help but feel that this was a "pay to play" scheme in every-way .... Emails reveal Hillary’s shocking pay-for-play scheme (New York Post). There is more here on how this worked .... Hillary Aide Cheryl Mills OK’d Oil Deal That Put $500K In Bill’s Pocket (Daily Caller). Even the CNN finds this disturbing .... Newly released Clinton emails shed light on relationship between State Dept. and Clinton Foundation (CNN). Would these deals have happened if Hillary Clinton was not the Secretary of State .... I doubt it. As to the FBI wanting the Justice department to investigate the Clinton Foundation .... but being told that it will not happen .... should raise everyone's eyebrows.