Thursday, August 11, 2016
Top U.S. General In Afghanistan: '300 ISIS Fighters Killed In Two Week Operation'
NBC: 300 ISIS Fighters Killed in U.S.-Afghan Operation in Nangarhar: NATO
NEW DELHI — An estimated 300 ISIS fighters were killed in a joint Afghan-U.S. operation launched about two weeks ago, NATO's top commander in Afghanistan said Wednesday.
Gen. John Nicholson said the offensive in the eastern province of Nangarhar was part of U.S. operations to degrade the capabilities of ISIS wherever it raised its head, whether in Iraq and Syria or in Afghanistan.
The group, believed to be confined to three or four of the more than 400 districts in Afghanistan, last month claimed responsibility for bombing a demonstration by the Shiite Hazara minority in the capital, Kabul, in which at least 80 people were killed.
Read more ....
Update: US And Afghan Forces Just Took Out One Third Of ISIS In Afghanistan (Daily Caller)
WNU editor: I am always sceptical when I read these numbers .... but it appears that the Islamic State's leader for Afghanistan has been killed .... Afghan military again claims it killed emir of Islamic State’s Khorasan province (Long War Journal).