Daily Mail: Massive cyber hack that floored Amazon, Twitter, HBO and Reddit could be 'practice for election day': Wikileaks supporters among those claiming responsibility for massive security breach - and many fear it is just a warm-up
* Cyber attacks forced websites including Amazon and Twitter offline
* Github, SoundCloud and PayPal websites were also reported to be down
* Outage appeared to be primarily affecting web users on the US East Coast
* Department of Homeland Security is 'investigating all potential causes'
* Some claim it could be a precursor to an attempt to disrupt the US Presidential election further
* WikiLeaks believes its supporters were responsible for the attacks
* Group called New World Hackers also claimed responsibility via Twitter
A massive co-ordinated series of cyber attacks forced hundreds of major websites including Amazon and Twitter offline Friday - and some fear the security breach could be 'practice for election day'.
WikiLeaks believes its supporters were responsible and urged them to 'stop taking down the US internet', saying: 'Mr Assange is still alive and WikiLeaks is still publishing.'
It then tweeted: 'The Obama administration should not have attempted to misuse its instruments of state to stop criticism of its ruling party candidate.'
Read more ....
WNU Editor: Thew daily Mail is actually raising a good question .... is "this a test for what may happen on election day in the U.S."?