Daily Mail: EXCLUSIVE: Resignation letters piling up from disaffected FBI agents, his wife urging him to admit he was wrong: Why Director Comey jumped at the chance to reopen Hillary investigation
* James Comey revived the investigation of Clinton's email server as he could no longer resist mounting pressure by mutinous agents, sources say
* The atmosphere at the FBI has been toxic ever since Jim announced last July that he wouldn't recommend an indictment against Hillary
* He told his wife that he was depressed by the stack of resignation letters piling up on his desk from disaffected agents
* Comes was also worried that Republicans would accuse him of granting Hillary political favoritism after the presidential election
* When new emails allegedly linked to Hillary's personal server turned up in Abedin and Anthony Weiner's computer, Comey jumped at the excuse
James Comey's decision to revive the investigation of Hillary Clinton's email server and her handling of classified material came after he could no longer resist mounting pressure by mutinous agents in the FBI, including some of his top deputies, according to a source close to the embattled FBI director.
'The atmosphere at the FBI has been toxic ever since Jim announced last July that he wouldn't recommend an indictment against Hillary,' said the source, a close friend who has known Comey for nearly two decades, shares family outings with him, and accompanies him to Catholic mass every week.
'Some people, including department heads, stopped talking to Jim, and even ignored his greetings when they passed him in the hall,' said the source. 'They felt that he betrayed them and brought disgrace on the bureau by letting Hillary off with a slap on the wrist.'
According to the source, Comey fretted over the problem for months and discussed it at great length with his wife, Patrice.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: The only one who can say with 100% certainty the reason why FBI Director Comey decided to reopen the Clinton investigation is .... the FBI Director himself. But the author of this post (Ed Klein) is right about one thing, President Obama must be furious at the FBI Director, and on what has happened in the past 48 hours.