Military.com: US Can't Say Who Launched Missiles from Yemen at Navy Ships
The U.S. has yet to determine who was responsible for the launch of missiles at Navy warships in the Red Sea from areas in Yemen in the control of Iranian-backed Houthi rebels, a Pentagon spokesman said Thursday.
"We don't know who was pulling the trigger," Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said, but the missiles were launched from "Houthi-controlled territory in Yemen. Iran has played a role and been supportive of the Houthi rebels." The Houthis have denied carrying out the attacks.
At 4 a.m. local time Thursday, the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Nitze launched missiles at three radar sites in coastal Yemen in retaliation for the attempted attacks on Navy warships, Cook said.
The initial assessment was that the sites were destroyed and there were no indications of civilian casualties, he added.
Read more ....
Previous Post: The U.S. Military Has Directly Entered The Conflict In Yemen (October 13, 2016)
Previous Post: Houthi Rebels Deny Firing Missiles At U.S. Warships (October 13, 2016)
WNU Editor: According to the above article .... the Pentagon and President Obama do not know who fired the missiles at U.S. Navy ships off the coast of Yemen earlier this week .... but President Obama still ordered the bombing of a Houthi radar installation anyway.