Daily Mail: Obama's pointed rebuke to Clinton for election loss as he tells how HE won by going to 'every fish fry'
* Hit Clinton for taking it easy as Donald Trump barnstormed the nation
* The president was taking questions for the first time since his former secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, lost to Donald Trump
* Said he was victorious in Iowa - a swing state that's mostly white - 'not because of the demographics'
* Said it was because he spent 87 days going to 'every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW hall'
* To Democrats who are 'discouraged' by last Tuesday's election, Obama reminded them, 'things change pretty rapidly.'
* He cast Trump as 'uniquely unqualified' to lead the country on the campaign trail; now says the country must unite behind him
President Barack Obama delivered a veiled rebuke to Hillary Clinton today for spending the summer and much of the fall taking it easy as Donald Trump barnstormed the nation.
The two-time winner Electoral College winner said he was victorious in Iowa, a mostly white state, 'not because the demographics dictated' it, but because he spent 87 days going to 'every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW hall.'
Some counties he may have lost by fewer votes because he dropped in, the president said. Others he may have won unexpectedly because he spent so much time there.
'And the challenge for a national party is how do you dig in there and create those kinds of structures so that people have a sense of what it is that you stand for.'
Read more ....
WNU Editor: To begin .... Presidents Obama, Bill Clinton, and Ronald Reagan are the best political campaigners that I have ever saw. They know how to win elections .... and they have the ability to forge a bond with their supporters that is instinctive and easy for them to do. That is why President Obama's remarks are spot on .... campaigning is a 24/7 job, and (quoting Ronald Reagan when he ran for office) you better get use to eating rubber chicken at least 3 times a day and making at least a dozen stops a day. But in all fairness to Hillary Clinton .... I think her age and her health problems limited her on how she could campaign .... and this lack of energy to inspire her supporters was evident on many occasions. What also did not help her was that unlike her husband she is not a natural politician .... and as the campaign continued this also become more evident with time.