Daily Mail: Rigged renovation: Now it's revealed that President-elect Trump might not even get to work out of the Oval Office for a YEAR – after Obama put off security upgrades
* President-elect Donald Trump assumes office January 20th
* Former George W. Bush political guru Karl Rove told Fox News that the incoming president won't get to use the Oval Office for his first year
* He cited a major security renovation to install bullet-proof glass and other upgrades
* The office has a ceremonial role, puts the president right near his staff, and is just 70 yards from the White House residence
* Trump might have to do what Richard Nixon chose to do and work out of the Old Executive Office Building next door
* Secret Service won't confirm any plans or construction
President-elect Donald Trump has captured the White House, but he may have to wait a while to ensconce himself inside the Oval Office.
Former George W. Bush advisor Karl Rove said Wednesday that major security upgrades are planned for the ceremonial office and seat of presidential power – and that it could put the office out of commission for up to a year.
If that occurs, he said, President Trump might have to spend up to a quarter of his term working out of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building across the street – where President Richard Nixon labored and made some of his infamous White House recordings.
'My understanding is that for the first year of his time in office, President Trump will not have the Oval Office,' Rove told Fox News on Wednesday.
Read more ....
Update #1: Trump may not be able to work in the Oval Office for over a year (New York Post)
Update #2: Donald Trump Won't Work In The Oval Office? White House Renovations Could Take A Year, According To Karl Rove (International Business Times).
WNU Editor: The White House is denying these reports .... Trump CAN use the Oval Office, the White House confirms, after fears ongoing security upgrades would stop him using the historic room (Daily Mail). I do not think this is a priority for President-Elect Trump .... in fact .... if it was up to him I think he would prefer working through his office in New York City .... President-Elect Donald Trump Wants To Live In New York City On The Weekends When He Is President (November 16, 2016).