Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Is Russian President Putin Worth $200 Billion?
Daily Mail: Is Putin the world's real richest man? After 17 years in power, Russian leader has a '$200 billion fortune, 58 planes and helicopters and 20 palaces and country retreats'
* During his two decades in power, Putin's net worth has been widely speculated
* One of the most quoted guesses of the 64-year-old's net worth is Political analyst Stanslav Belkovsky's 2007 estimation of $40billion
* But Bill Browder, author and a former fund manager in Russia, has said the president could be worth upwards of $200billion
* It was revealed last year that Putin could have access to up to 58 planes and helicopters, a $500,000 watch collection and 20 palaces and country retreats
* Microsoft's Bill Gates has been named the richest man in the world by Forbes, with a net worth of $75billion
Russian President Vladimir Putin might be the richest man in the world, according to experts who believe he could have a net worth of $200billion.
The official richest man in the world, according to Forbes, is Microsoft's Bill Gates with a net worth of $75billion.
During his nearly two decades in power, Putin's net worth has been widely speculated, with the former KGB agent likely having private assets in real estate and company holdings.
One of the most quoted guesses of the 64-year-old's net worth is political analyst Stanslav Belkovsky's 2007 estimation of $40billion, but Bill Browder, author and a former fund manager in Russia, has said the president has a higher worth - upwards of $200billion.
Read more ....
Update #1: Putin Trumps The Donald: How Russian leader's estimated $200 BILLION fortune dwarfs the U.S. President's $3.7 billion (Daily Mail)
Update #2: Bill Gates supposedly has long way to go to catch the real richest man in the world (Market Watch)
WNU Editor: I am sceptical of this $200 billion number. Is Russian President Putin well off .... yes. But $200 billion .... I just do not see it.