Smiling into the camera as she interviewed Iraqi soldiers, journalist Shifa Gardi had no idea this would be her last report
Daily Mail: Female TV reporter's final broadcast one hour before she was killed in Mosul as Iraqi forces push into West of the city despite resistance from ISIS snipers, bombs and armed DRONES
* Shifa Gardi was covering the ongoing fight against ISIS in Mosul for Kurdish outlet Rudaw prior to the tragedy
* Her editors said the talented journalist was killed by explosive device on a road just an hour after a report
* Iraqi forces entered the neighbourhoods of the west bank of Mosul yesterday in a huge bid for the city
* Fighting continued today with ISIS jihadis putting up stiff resistance to attack as the long conflict rumbles on
* Iraqi troops are moving slowly but ISIS are responding with car bombs, snipers and dozens of armed drones
* In Syria, an Al-Qaeda insurgent coalition killed 42 people in synchronised attacks on security offices in Homs
* President Assad's regime carried out air strikes on Daraa and Douma, with children pictured in hospital
Smiling into the camera as she interviewed Iraqi soldiers today, journalist Shifa Gardi had no idea this would be her last report.
Just one hour later the 30-year-old was killed by a roadside bomb on the outskirts of Mosul, while covering the fight against ISIS for Iraqi Kurdish channel Rudaw.
Meanwhile, in neighbouring Syria 42 security officers and personnel were killed in synchronised suicide bombings in the country's third city, Homs.
Read more ....
More News On Popular Kurdish Reporter Killed In Mosul By Roadside Bomb
Rudaw reporter and anchor Shifa Gardi killed by roadside bomb in Mosul -- RUDAW
Mosul battle: Kurdish reporter Shifa Gardi killed in Iraq -- BBC
Iraqi Kurdish TV reporter killed in Mosul -- AFP
Kurdish reporter Shifa Gardi killed in Iraq -- CNN
Rudaw's Shifa Gardi killed covering battle for Mosul -- Al Jazeera
Kurdish journalist killed by roadside bomb in Mosul -- RT
Iraqi Kurdish journalist killed by roadside bomb in Mosul -- Committee to Protect Journalists