Thursday, February 2, 2017

U.S. And Mexican Governments Blast AP's Report That President Trump Threatened To Send U.S. Troops Into Mexico

U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto arrive for a press conference at the Los Pinos residence in Mexico City, Mexico, August 31, 2016. REUTERS/Henry Romero

Washington Times: Mexico, U.S. both say Associated Press misreported Trump-Nieto phone call

White House says wire service wrongly claimed new president had threatened to invade Mexico.

Mexico said Wednesday that the Associated Press’ account of a call Friday between President Trump and his Mexican counterpart is inaccurate.

“The assertions that you make about said conversation do not correspond to the reality of it,” the Mexican government said in a statement on the wire service’s reporting.

“The tone was constructive,” according to a statement from Mexico’s foreign relations department, “and it was agreed by the presidents to continue working and that the teams will continue to meet frequently to construct an agreement that is positive for Mexico and for the United States.”

Read more ....

WNU Editor: The AP report is here .... Trump to Mexico: Take care of 'bad hombres' or U.S. might (AP). Even though the White House and the Mexican President's office are calling this AP report fake news .... Mexican government says Trump never threatened to send troops to Mexico (L.A. Times) .... also .... WH denies report that Trump threatened Mexican president over 'bad hombres' (The Hill). It is too late .... the coverage of this fake story is now world wide (see below).

Report: In a 'humiliating' and 'threatening' tone, Trump lambasted Mexico's president during a phone call -- Business Insider
'Bad hombres': reports claim Trump spoke of sending troops to Mexico -- The Guardian
Trump Tells Mexican President Perhaps He’ll Send Troops to Mexico to Take Care of “Bad Hombres” -- Slate
An explosive new story about Trump’s talks with Peña Nieto shows how fraught US-Mexico relations are now -- Quartz

4 comments:

Jay Farquharson said...

" A person with access to the official transcript of the phone call provided only that portion of the conversation to The Associated Press. The person gave it on condition of anonymity because the administration did not make the details of the call public.

The Mexican website Aristegui Noticias on Tuesday published a similar account of the phone call, based on the reporting of journalist Dolia Estevez. The report described Trump as humiliating Pena Nieto in a confrontational conversation."

Two sources say "yes",

Two vested interested sources say "no",

LMFAO,

Don't think we will be seeing a release of the recordings any time soon.

Chase jones said...

Does it matter what is he gonna do invade us lol

C-Low said...

Jay Farquharson

If one source tells multiple outlets then more outlets report on reports reporting on reports it is still unconfirmed anonymous single ax grinding source. The Mexican press is no different in being biased so there is plenty of outlets that would jump at a story to make the current mex pres look bad to hell with actually confirming or researching.

This story seems very suspect to me. It fits just way to much of a caricature of what many opposition think of DJT. This sounds more like that bogus story that circulated in the later days of the campaign about DJT and Epstein raping some girl. Both have many details that a honest opposition journalist would see as just to good to be true.

I have a feeling that this will turn out to just be more desperate fake news.

So far all parties involved on all sides have denied the report.

fred lapides said...

Since Trump also dumped on Australian leader, I tend to believe the report. But that aside, both leaders in this dispute announce that they will not discuss what they do, say, agree on...now that is democratic transparency!