Recently US and Russian forces 'have converged literally within hand-grenade range of one another'. Pictured above, Russian soldiers gather as rebel fighters and their families evacuate the besieged Waer district in the central Syrian city of Homs, after an agreement reached between rebels and Syria's army
Daily Mail: Russian and American troops are within 'hand-grenade range' of each other in Syria as they overlap while fighting ISIS, warn US commanders
* Russian and US troops are working with Kurdish YPG fighters to combat ISIS
* A defense expert warns that 'escalation is bound to happen' between troops
* US Central Command said, however, that military commanders are working together to avoid accidental casualties and inadvertently striking one another
* Russia wants an 'alliance' with the US and to be 'recognized as an equal partner'
* During the first two weeks of March, the troops worked together to stop the Turkish army from entering Manbij, a town in the Aleppo region of Syria
Russian troops are within 'hand-grenade range' of American forces in parts of Syria, sparking fears of escalated tension in the region.
The two nations are working together with Kurdish YPG fighters in the country to combat ISIS in Syria and neighboring Iraq.
Though the countries' commanders are in contact, the Pentagon stopped military-to-military cooperation following Russia's annexation of the Crimean Peninsula.
Recently the forces 'have converged literally within hand-grenade range of one another', warned Army Lt. Gen. Steven Townsend, the commander of Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve.
Read more ....
Update #1: Russians Are Fighting Near Americans on Same Side of Syria’s Battlefield (NBC)
Update #2: Russians reportedly in ‘hand-grenade range’ of friendly US troops in Syria (New York Post)
WNU Editor: I thought we were all (cough cough) friends and allies in the war against the Islamic State?