Daily Mail: North Korea holds 'largest ever' drill marking military anniversary as US guided-missile submarine arrives in South Korea and analyst warns America 'could stumble needlessly' into war
* The North marked military anniversary with massive firing drill on Tuesday
* Meanwhile, a US guided-missile submarine docked in South Korea officials said
* A government source says the exercise was the North's 'largest ever'
* It was also presumed to have been overseen by leader Kim Jong-Un, sources say
* President Donald Trump said dictator Jong-Un isn't as strong as he claims to be
* Trump blamed the international community for not doing more to rein him in
* Senior analyst, Jonathan Pollack, warned US 'could stumble needlessly' into war with North Korea
South Korea's military said Tuesday that North Korea held massive live-fire drills in an area around its eastern coastal town of Wonsan as it marked the anniversary of the founding of its military.
The exercise took place as a US guided-missile submarine arrived in South Korea and envoys from the US, Japan and South Korea met in
Tokyo to discuss the growing threat posed by North Korea's nuclear weapons and missiles program.
Speculation had mounted that the North could carry out a sixth nuclear test or another missile launch to mark 85 years since the founding of its army.
Read more ....
WNU Editor The above video is the North Korean artillery drill.
More News On North Korea Holding Its 'Largest Ever' Artillery Drill On Its Military Anniversary
South Korea confirms North Korean live-fire drill on army anniversary -- Reuters
North Korea celebrates as South Korea, US keep watch -- AP
N. Korea stages firing drill marking military anniv.: source -- Yonhap News Agency
North Korea marks anniversary with massive artillery drill -- CNN
Reports of North Korea artillery drill as US submarine makes South Korea port call -- CNBC/Reuters
North Korea stages largest ever artillery firing to mark military anniversary -- The Independent
US, allies on high alert as North Korea holds firing drill -- Nikkei Asian Review
What N Korea's Massive Artillery Drills Really Say About Pyongyang's Intentions -- Sputnik