New York Times: Explosions Hit Borussia Dortmund’s Bus in Germany, Wounding a Player
BERLIN — As many as three explosions damaged the bus of one of Germany’s most storied soccer teams as it headed to its stadium in Dortmund on Tuesday, wounding one player and forcing postponement of the match, an important playoff in a major European championship.
The Dortmund police chief, Gregor Lange, said at a late-night news conference that “we assume it was a targeted attack” on the Borussia Dortmund team. The wounded player, Marc Bartra of Spain, was undergoing surgery on his right wrist, a spokesman for the team said.
Hans-Joachim Watzke, Borussia Dortmund’s chief executive, said that “three explosive devices” had detonated near a hotel outside Dortmund where the players were staying.
The state prosecutor told reporters that a letter claiming responsibility had been discovered near the site of the blasts, but that it was too soon to say if it was genuine. The prosecutor, Sandra Lücke, declined to answer further questions about the letter’s contents, including what language it was written in.
Read more ....
More News On Today's Borussia Dortmund Football Team Bomb Attack
Police believe explosions near Dortmund bus were 'targeted attack' -- The Local.de
Three roadside bombs that struck Borussia Dortmund team bus were detonated by MOBILE PHONE as police say they found a letter near the scene taking responsibility – but won't reveal other details -- Daily Mail
Germany: Pregame blasts rock soccer team bus; player injured -- AP
Borussia Dortmund football team bus hit by explosions -- BBC
Borussia Dortmund defender Marc Bartra injured when three explosive devices go off near team bus -- Washington Post
Borussia Dortmund's team bus hit by three explosives, injuring player -- The Guardian
Three Blasts Go Off Near German Soccer Team Bus, Injuring Player -- NPR