Saturday, April 22, 2017

U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis Will Not Release 'Body Counts'

© REUTERS/ Francois Lenoir

The Hill: Mattis won't reveal death toll from 'mother of all bombs'

Defense Secretary James Mattis is staying mum on the casualties that resulted from the U.S. dropping its largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan last week.

During a trip to Israel on Thursday, Mattis told reporters that the Pentagon doesn't usually measure an attack's effectiveness by how many people are killed, and he refused to provide details about the damage caused by the Massive Ordnance Air Blast.

"For many years we have not been calculating the results of warfare by simply quantifying the number of enemy killed," Mattis said, according to The Associated Press.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: he may not want to disclose 'body counts", but others are talking .... Massive Bomb In Afghanistan Killed Uzbeks, Tajiks, Russians, Pakistanis (RFE).

More News On U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis Refusing To Release 'Body Counts'

Pentagon chief: US won't reveal 'mother of all bombs' toll -- AP
Citing Vietnam, Mattis Won’t Do ISIS Body Counts -- DoD Buzz
Mattis steers away from body counts as measure of battlefield effectiveness -- USA Today
Mattis: U.S. won’t dig into ‘mother of all bombs’ damage in Afghanistan -- Politico
Mattis: Counting Casualties in MOAB Attack ‘Not a Good Use of Troops’ Time’ -- Sputnik

4 comments:

B.Poster said...

He can't release body counts. There are none. His "boss" acted impulsively like an impulsive child and ordered the detonation of a MOAB when there was no one there. Essentially we wasted a large amount of money to kill NO ONE. Had "civillians/non combatants been killed the media would've told us all about it by now. Essentially NOBODY died.

To release "body counts" would reveal what a complete idiot both he and POTUS truly are. Body count = 0. Not even a mole!! What a pyrotechnic display though!! Our enemies are laughing hysterically at us. As for the good general, I've been told by informed sources that he was at least at one time respected by the military rank and file. As for POTUS, while they held out hope for him, respect not so much.

As for HRC, there was no such hope. With DJT military personnel had held out some hope. Now that this hope has essentially been dashed, he should consider his actions carefully. As for gendral Mattis, does he want to support POTUS or the American military and the American people?

fazman said...

No, 96 confirmed, most likley many many more dead. When a weapon like this goes
Off people vaporize, there is nothing to count unless they excavate the tunnels.
As he said , they have better things to do.

Aizino Smith said...

If the enemy knows they lost 96, the can cope with that. It is well defined.

If all is known is that an undetermined large number were killed and the enemy is not particularly interested in counting them, that weighs more heavily on the mind.

These guys are beatable.

The Russian almost beat them in the period from 1983 to 1985. The only reason they did not is because 1/2 the world was supplying them with effective military support.

The countries were China, Pakistan, U.S., Iran, Britain, and Saudi Arabia to name the major contributors.

China supplied SA-7s.
The U.S. supplied Stingers.
Britain supplied Blowpipes.

fazman said...

Agree, publishing the casualties plays into enemy propaganda and acheives nothing if strategic importance

As for Americas enemies laughing at the Pyro dosplay, l can guarantee you Kim saw it and took note, and hes not smiling