Daily Mail: Navy destroyer in standoff with an Iran 'attack' boat in the Persian Gulf: US warship fires a warning flare after it was 'provoked' by the Revolutionary Guard's vessel
* The USS Mahan is currently stationed near Iran in the Persian Gulf
* US officials said the ship had to take evasive action during the incident Monday
* An Iranian 'fast attack craft' approached it and got as close as 1,000 yards
* No warning shots were fired, but the Mahan did man its guns and sound an alarm
* The incident is the latest between the Navy and Iranian ships in recent months
A US warship has been forced to change course and fire warning flares by an Iranian attack boat that raced towards it with its weapons manned.
The USS Mahan had to take evasive action as the Iranian fast attack craft approached it in the Persian Gulf on Monday.
Fox News reports the foreign vessel did not come any closer than 1,000 yards, however that was still enough for those aboard the American destroyer to sound a warning signal and man its own weapons.
A navy official confirmed the incident to the network, and described it as an act of provocation.
Read more ....
More News On Yesterday's Incident Between A U.S. Destroyer And An Iranian Attack Boat
Navy destroyer has close encounter with Iran vessel in Persian Gulf -- FOX News
U.S. Navy fires warning flare at Iran vessel in Persian Gulf -- AP
U.S. Navy's USS Mahan has close encounter with Iranian ship -- UPI
US Navy fires warning flare at Iranian vessel in Persian Gulf -- ABC News
US destroyer forced to alter course by Iranian vessel acting 'provocative' -- CNN
US Navy Destroyer Fires Flare At Iranian Ship In Persian Gulf Incident -- Newsweek
USS Mahan Forced to Alter Course After Close Encounter With Iranian Ship -- Sputnik