Daily Mail: Chelsea Manning will continue to receive health care and other benefits from the military after her release from prison, the US Army says
* Chelsea Manning has served seven years of a 35-year sentence in a men's prison
* The 29-year-old is scheduled to be released from Kansas prison on Wednesday
* Before leaving office, ex-President Barack Obama commuted her sentence
* Bradley Manning was arrested for leaking classified documents to WikiLeaks
* Manning will continue to receive benefits as an unpaid, active duty soldier
Chelsea Manning will continue to receive health care and other benefits given to active duty soldiers after she is released from prison.
The army soldier, who was jailed for one of the largest leaks of classified documents in US history, will remain eligible for the benefits so long as her court-martial remains under appeal, USA Today reported on Monday.
She is scheduled for release from a military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, at some point on Wednesday after seven years behind bars.
After her release, Manning will technically be considered an active duty soldier, though she will not be paid a salary.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: She is appealing her court-martial .... which is why she will stay in the Army and continue to receive benefits (but no pay). Now .... if she should win her appeal .... I can just imagine how some people are going to react.
More News On Chelsea Manning Will Remain On Active Duty While Receiving Health Care After Her Prison Release This Wednesday
Chelsea Manning to remain on active duty, receive health care after prison release -- USA Today
Chelsea Manning to be on active duty after prison release -- UPI
Chelsea Manning Will Remain on Active Duty in Army After Prison Release -- Time
Chelsea Manning to remain in Army, receive health care benefits after prison release -- FOX News