Thursday, May 11, 2017

President Trump: I Would Have Fired The FBI Director Regardless Of Recommendations



NBC: Trump Interview With Lester Holt: President Asked Comey If He Was Under Investigation

President Donald Trump, in an exclusive interview Thursday with NBC News' Lester Holt, called ousted FBI chief James Comey a "showboat" and revealed he asked Comey whether he was under investigation for alleged ties to Russia.

"I actually asked him" if I were under investigation, Trump said, noting that he spoke with Comey once over dinner and twice by phone.

"I said, if it's possible would you let me know, 'Am I under investigation?' He said, 'You are not under investigation.'"

"I know I'm not under investigation," Trump told Holt during the 31-minute White House interview.

It would be highly unusual for someone who might be the focus of an FBI probe to ask whether he was under investigation and to be directly told by the FBI director that he was not.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: He is not sugar-coating why he fired the FBI Director.

No comments: