Saturday, June 10, 2017
James Comey Set To Sign $10 Million Book Deal
Daily Mail: EXCLUSIVE: Lordy! James Comey set for $10 million payday as publishers scramble to sign book deal with fired FBI chief for inside story on Hillary, Trump - and his own brush with death by a serial rapist
* Comey's going to have the biggest Washington golden parachute ever, says one literary agent who already has the green light on a $10 million advance
* 'Jim Comey's explosive story makes 'West Wing' and 'House of Cards' on a par with Mister Rogers,' an acquisition editor for a major New York publishing house tells DailyMail.com
* While he can't reveal classified information, he has yet to tell his own story behind Hillary email investigation, his dealings with Trump and his life
* When he was 16, Comey and his younger brother Peter were victims of a gunman who invaded the Comey home in suburban New Jersey
* Comey has proven his writing ability - at the College of William & Mary in 1980 he wrote a much praised three-part series for the campus paper, The Fat Hat
When California Senator Kamala Harris thanked fired FBI director James Comey for testifying as a 'private citizen' in the Senate intelligence hearing into Russian interference yesterday, his response was, 'I'm between opportunities right now.'
It was a joking reference to being out of work since Presidential Trump told him, 'You're fired!'.
When Harris responded, 'I'm sure you'll have decent opportunities [in the future'], she didn't know how right she was.
Read more ....
WNU editor: One thing that I have always admired about the political elites in the West is how they take care of their own. Unlike anywhere else in the world .... someone like James Comey .... after he admitted he was responsible for leaking material to the press .... would be ostracised and facing serious legal consequences .... or worse. But in the U.S. .... he gets a $10 million deal (payoff?) to push a book that only the people in Washington would buy to read .... and is applauded for doing so.