Friday, October 13, 2017

President Trump Just Learned What The MIlitary Tradition Of 'Retreat' Is All About



Business Insider: 'Are they playing that for you or for me?': Trump appears confused about military tradition during interview with Sean Hannity

President Donald Trump appeared confused about a longstanding military tradition on Wednesday night.

While speaking with Fox News' Sean Hannity at an Air National Guard hangar in Middletown, Pennsylvania, Trump paused as loudspeakers began playing the tune, "Retreat," in the distance.

It's part of a firmly rooted tradition that predates the American Revolutionary War; the US military tune signals the start and end of the official duty day.

"What a nice sound that is," Trump said, as the tune began playing. "Are they playing that for you or for me?"

Read more ....

WNU Editor: I am sure that it was explained to him after the interview on why the tune "retreat" was played. I never knew about the tradition behind the longstanding military tradition of "retreat" until I saw the bottom Robin William's clip ....



Damn .... I miss Robin Williams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On calm evenings I can hear it from one of the Navy bases along San Diego bay. Interesting that the Navy ends it with about a 3 second encore, kind of like a quick the horse race bugle...I have no idea what that signifies, maybe like a "carry on" call.

Alex said...

I miss him too