Saturday, October 31, 2020

Americans Have Bought A Record 17 Million Guns So Far This Year

Wikipedia 


Sales surged in the spring amid coronavirus fears and climbed higher during protests for racial justice

 Americans have bought nearly 17m guns so far in 2020, more than in any other single year, according to estimates from a firearms analytics company. 

Gun sales across the United States first jumped in the spring, driven by fears about the coronavirus pandemic, and spiked even higher in the summer, during massive racial justice protests across the country, prompted by police killings of black Americans. 

“By August, we had exceeded last year’s total. By September, we exceeded the highest total ever,” said Jurgen Brauer, the chief economist of Small Arms Analytics, which produces widely cited estimates of US gun sales. 

The estimated number of guns sold in the US through the end of September 2020 is “not only more than last year, it’s more than any full year in the last 20 years we have records for”, Brauer said. 


WNU Editor: If I was living in the U.S. I would be arming myself.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If I was living in the U.S. I would be arming myself."

The US is no where near as dangerous as portrayed in the media, but at least they have the ability to defend themselves, unlike most people in the rest of the world.

Anonymous said...

Why would you arm yourself?

Against whom?

War News Updates Editor said...

Anon 9:48

The same reason why I have reinforced doors. Window grills on bottom windows. Prep enough supplies to last a few months. Secure myself financially. Etc.. Seen and experienced enough in my life to know what happens when things go south and why investing a little bit to protect and secure yourself and your family is an investment that is worth it.

Anonymous said...


If one has to ask why I am armed [and have been for most of my life] then there's no use telling that person why because they wouldn't understand.

Anonymous said...

For me, I do not have to let anybody know that I am armed or not. Unless somebody really need to know or not.

Anonymous said...

I expect the problem is liberals. They'll kick it off. If it goes for long enough, all bets are off.

I can't do bars. It is against code. Have extra food, not nearly enough.

RussInSoCal said...

17 million new gun owners. Without getting a peek at the data as to who is scooping up all these guns, I'd make a wild guess that these new gun owners are of the mind of KEEPING AND BEARING their new shiny purchases without infringement.

That translates into potentially 17 million votes for the party who HASN'T been making load noises to the tune of stripping them of their private property.

Oh BTW: If you're just now looking for your first gun, you've been whistling past the graveyard for the last 12 years. There are none available.


SHIP,
HAS,
SAILED,

R,

Anonymous said...

Biden Opposed the Pakistan Raid That Took Out Bin Laden,

The Pakistan Lobby is One of His Biggest Donors