Monday, March 8, 2010

Are U.S. Forces In Danger At Spanish Bases In Afghanistan?

A group of the Legionairres arriving back in Almería yesterday - Photo EFE

Of Concern -- Michael Yon

Yesterday, an American involved in the war effort handed me a document. It was an email from a Lieutenant Colonel in the 82nd Airborne Division in Afghanistan. His unit is in combat seven days a week. To be clear, I did not get the email from the officer and I have never met him.

The email is about the abysmal, unsafe conditions which some of our most dedicated troops are living in, at a remote base run by the Spanish military in Afghanistan. All deletions [xxx] are by me. I have the entire email. The serious and disturbing allegations are found in the second and third paragraphs.

Read more ....

My Comment: Every country's military operates differently .... Spain is no exception. Unfortunately for these US soldiers, they are in a very difficult situation with a very difficult "ally".

No comments: