Monday, July 5, 2010

How War News Updates Will Soon Be Covering World Conflicts, As Well As Intelligence, Military, And Political News

I started War News Updates a few years ago as a blog that was to be focused exclusively on the wars and conflicts that plague this earth. I was completely dissatisfied with the coverage, especially on Iraq and Afghanistan, and I felt that a web site dedicated to covering these conflicts by providing multiple news links and sources would be a welcomed change. It would also provide an outlet for my own opinions and commentaries.

I choose the blog model to be my platform to provide this news because it is free and it is a template that is easy to manage. Unfortunately, it is a platform that is inappropriate to provide the comprehensive coverage that I crave and that I am following everyday.

At last count, there are approximately 33 conflicts ongoing today, with most either expanding and/or increasing in intensity. News on intelligence, military trends and appropriations, political strife and disagreements that lead to conflict .... all of this news is now expanding at a rapid rate .... especially as the U.S. continues to decline in world influence and power and other countries rush in to fill the vacuum .... providing additional news and events that need to be covered.

To fill this void I am going to add another platform to cover this news. While War News Updates "the blog" will remain the same, I am already working on a website that will use the Drudge Report type of platform to present the news. While I will make changes to this platform so that copyright infringement will not an issue, I believe that providing war/military/intelligence/political news on one page and updating it a few times a day will serve a valuable need for many of my readers. Drudge has been successful at doing this on covering political/economic/social news .... I hope to do the same in my field.

My goal is to have this new platform online in August, and any feedback from my readers will be welcomed.

4 comments:

T. Greer said...

I look forward to the new site.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to it as well. I am an avid reader to obtain all of my important news. Thank you for what you do.

Marcase said...

A 'Drudge' and WNU combination sounds great, will need some serious attention though. Hope you can manage; WNU is a must read.

Cheers.

adam said...

I have to agree with the above comments in saying that I look forward to this new venture.