Friday, March 11, 2011

General Petraeus To Be Succeeded By Marine Gen. John Allen

Photo: Marine Lt. Gen. John Allen

Best Defense Exclusive: Petraeus To Be Succeeded By Marine Gen. John Allen -- Best Defense/Foreign Policy

I am hearing around town that Gen. David Petraeus will indeed step down in Afghanistan later this year, and probably will be replaced by Marine Lt. Gen. John Allen.

That's a terrific plan. I also am hearing that Petraeus, who is scheduled to testify on Capitol Hill next week, is worn out. It would be nice to give him a breather before making him chairman of the Joint Chiefs, or, smarter move, making him national security advisor, if President Obama decides he wants a real one, instead of the Hill staffers and ex-lobbyists for Fannie Mae the White House has been trotting out. (The current lineup is just Bidenism at its worst, confusing Congress with the real world. And, while I'm at it, I'm still an Obama fan, but he seriously needs to get better at talking to and listening to his military leaders, and these guys aren't helping.)

Read more ....

My Comment: After fighting numerous wars since 2001, I am sure that General Petraeus must be tired and burned out. My prediction .... after a break .... he will be named Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.

No comments: