Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Look At Britain's Role In Colombia's Drug War

Fighting cocaine: Two 'Jungla' commandos in Colombia

'I Put The Pistol In My Mouth, To My Temple, Then Under My Chin. But I Just Couldn’t Do It': Former MI6 Officer Reveals True Cost Of Britain’s ‘Silent’ Drugs War In Colombia -- Daily Mail

On the edge of an airfield in Popayan, 200 miles south of the Colombian capital Bogota, two American Special Forces operatives, draped in weapons and wearing Oakley sunglasses, studiously ignore us.

We’re just yards apart, four ‘gringos’ in a foreign land, surrounded by dozens of heavily armoured Colombian ‘Jungla’ commandos. In return, we gamely pretend our American friends are not there.

My colleague and I are filming a Colombian police counter-narcotics operation.

Read more ....

My Comment: Does not appear successful at all.

No comments: