Wednesday, July 4, 2012

National-Security Leaks ‘Probably The Most Damaging’ In U.S. History


Rogers: National-Security Leaks ‘Probably the Most Damaging’ in U.S. History -- National Journal

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Mich., called the recent slew of national-security leaks “probably the most damaging” in this country’s history, warning that people’s lives are in danger and families have already had to be relocated as a result of the public speculation about highly classified operational activities.

Read more
....

My Comment: In all of my years of following national security and intelligence stories, I have never been exposed to as many U.S. leaks as I have been in the past two years. Will this damage long term U.S. intelligence operations .... I would have to say yes. Was this done deliberately and for political reasons .... only an independent prosecutor can get to the bottom of this story .... but I doubt that such a prosecutor will be appointed by the Justice department in such a volatile election year.

No comments: