US Budget For Dummies
From my inbox, submitted without comment.
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50
Make sense now?
WNU Editor: From Hot Air
My Comment: The sad part is that even if the US defense budget is cut 100% .... the U.S. debt is still climbing at an unsustainable rate.