Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My Take On The Release Of The U.S. Senate's CIA Torture Report



My Comment: A year and a half ago NSA leaker Edward Snowden released documents that detailed America's surveillance and spy programs on our enemies, allies, and even on U.S. citizens .... airing America's dirty laundry for everyone to see .... and as a result got condemned as a traitor by the same U.S. senators who are today praising and applauding themselves for doing the same thing with the release of the CIA torture report.

And in the meantime .... the CIA's drone program that targets for assassination enemy threats to the U.S. .... while usually killing scores of civilians in the process .... continues .... Al Qaeda commander reported killed in drone strike in Pakistan (Long War Journal).

Am I the only who sees the double standard/disconnect here?

5 comments:

Rhaegar said...

I see the duble standard too war news. Also Jay did the guy who reported torture get reported? I havent seen it mentioned in my media, where did you find an article? If that happened it dosent suprise me that my countries media dropped to cover it since it would "harm US relations":

Jay Farquharson said...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kiriakou

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/01/06/the-case-of-john-kiriakou/



War News Updates Editor said...

Rhaegar,

http://abcnews.go.com/International/cia-operative-prison-punishment-whistleblowing-torture/story?id=27474359

James said...

WNU,
Don't tell me you've become a cynic!?!?

CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.

War News Updates Editor said...

I am not a cynic James .... I am something far worse .... I am Russian.

:))