U.S. citizens warned not to travel to Iran over fears of being detained: Advisory comes after admission Obama administration paid $400m 'ransom' to Islamic Republic to free American prisoners
* State Department issued a new travel warning for Iran on Monday
* Agency warns U.S. citizens - especially those holding dual citizenship with Iran - against visiting the Islamic Republic
* In the past few months, Iran has been detaining Western citizens
* Warning comes amid a report that the Obama Administration paid $400million to ensure the release of four Iranian-Americans in January
* The president has denied that it was a hostage payment, but the State Dept did confirm that the sum was held until the prisoners were released
Following the detainment of several Westerns in Iran in the past few months, the U.S. government is telling its citizens not to travel to the Persian country.
On Monday, the State Department issued a warning saying Americans - especially those who hold dual citizenship with Iran - should 'carefully weigh the risks' of traveling to Iran and consider cancelling or postponing any planned trips.
Those Americans already in the country 'should closely follow media reports, monitor local conditions, and evaluate the risks of remaining in the country'.
Read more ....
Update #1: State Dept Warns: Iran Seeking to Capture U.S. Citizens (Washington Free Beacon)
Update #2: State Department issues updated travel warning for Iran (FOX News)
Update #3: Dual US-Iranian nationals travelling to Iran risk arrest (ENCA)
WNU Editor: No coverage in the U.S. main stream media on this story. It is all about Trump and his tweets.