Friday, September 9, 2016

An Indictment Of Military Intelligence In The Obama Era

Wikipedia

Fritz Corrigan, Forbes: A Sad Indictment Of Military Intelligence In The Obama Era

I learned several key life lessons during the time I spent as a U.S. Army intelligence officer, but among the most important was that a commanding officer’s example colors his or her subordinates’ actions. I took this insight with me into the corporate world after I left the service. Whether it’s on the battlefield or in the boardroom, the tone at the top exerts a strong influence on an entire team.

So I wasn’t surprised earlier this month when Congress released its initial findings on the intelligence community’s response to the Islamic State.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: The failure of the U.S. intelligence/military community is nothing new. And while the focus is on what has happened under President Obama's watch .... there are many examples of intelligence failures in previous administrations .... the intelligence used in the Iraq invasion (and how top Bush officials cherry picked what they wanted to justify their policies) is on the top of my list on how military intelligence can be influenced by political leaders.

No comments: