Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Is There A Covert Campaign To Murder Russian Diplomats And Officials?
Zero Hedge: Deep State War? Russian Officials Keep Dying Unexpectedly
Six Russian diplomats have died in the last 60 days. As Axios notes, all but one died on foreign soil. Some were shot, while other causes of death are unknown. Note that a few deaths have been labeled "heart attacks" or "brief illnesses."
1. You probably remember Russia's Ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov — he was assassinated by a police officer at a photo exhibit in Ankara on December 19.
2. On the same day, another diplomat, Peter Polshikov, was shot dead in his Moscow apartment. The gun was found under the bathroom sink but the circumstances of the death were under investigation. Polshikov served as a senior figure in the Latin American department of the Foreign Ministry.
3. Russia's Ambassador to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin, died in New York this past week. Churkin was rushed to the hospital from his office at Russia's UN mission. Initial reports said he suffered a heart attack, and the medical examiner is investigating the death, according to CBS.
4. Russia's Ambassador to India, Alexander Kadakin, died after a "brief illness January 27, which The Hindu said he had been suffering from for a few weeks.
5. Russian Consul in Athens, Greece, Andrei Malanin, was found dead in his apartment January 9. A Greek police official said there was "no evidence of a break-in." But Malanin lived on a heavily guarded street. The cause of death needed further investigation, per an AFP report. Malanin served during a time of easing relations between Greece and Russia when Greece was increasingly critiqued by the EU and NATO.
6. Ex-KGB chief Oleg Erovinkin, who was suspected of helping draft the Trump dossier, was found dead in the back of his car December 26, according to The Telegraph. Erovinkin also was an aide to former deputy prime minister Igor Sechin, who now heads up state-owned Rosneft.
Read more ....
Update: 7 Russian Officials Murdered Or Found Dead Since Election Day (True Activist)
WNU Editor: I first heard about this from my Russian friends after Russian Ambassador to the UN Churkin died from a heart-attack this past week. They were wondering on why are so many Russian officials had died in the past few months? Is there something malevolent involved? I poo-poo the entire idea .... there are thousands and thousands of Russian diplomats and officials all around the world .... people die naturally (or accidentally) all the time, and for those who are murdered .... we usually know the reasons why within a few hours. But the point of this post is that people are now raising questions .... and outlets like Zero Hedge are seizing upon it. Conspiracy theories always make the rounds .... especially for those on the fringes .... but this is one conspiracy theory that I hope dies down .... and the sooner it does the better.