The Independent: Civilian deaths from US-led airstrikes hit record high under Donald Trump
'These reported casualty levels are comparable with some of the worst periods of Russian activity in Syria,' says Airwars.org
A non-profit organisation that tracks civilian casualties caused by airstrikes in the Middle East said it has shifted nearly all of its resources to track a surge of claims regarding US-led strikes in Syria and Iraq.
The group, called Airwars.org, had been tracking deaths caused by both Russian and US airstrikes but said in a statement Friday that it was suspending its work on "alleged Russian actions in Syria -- so as best to focus our limited resources on continuing to properly monitor and assess reported casualties from the US and its allies.
"Almost 1,000 civilian non-combatant deaths have already been alleged from coalition actions across Iraq and Syria in March - a record claim," the statement said. "These reported casualty levels are comparable with some of the worst periods of Russian activity in Syria."
Read more ....
WNU Editor: One thing that I know about battles and wars is that when they are coming to a close .... casualty numbers go through the roof. And in the battles that are now waging across much of Iraq and Syria .... many of them are coming to a close right now. My prediction .... especially in a place like Mosul's Old City .... expect civilian casualty rates to explode in the coming weeks/months.